Summer is the time to party! To sing and dance all days and nights! To lough, to love and to have fun!
Plenty of small and big festivals happen daily all across the world!
Any type of music, any type of dance. But all for fun!
Here’s an overview of some most known and probably most cool festivals of summer:
- Start summer with the rock beats in Germany: Rock am Ring & Rock im Park. 2-4 June ’17. Headliners (2017): Die Toten Hosen, System Of A Down, Prophets of Rage, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- 16-18 June ’17 – What a choice to make! To go to Fabulous Las Vegas for Electric Daisy – the biggest EDM festival outside of Europe. Or to Rock at the the darkest and heaviest festival on the planet – the Hellfest Open Air in Clisson, France, with Deep Purple, Aerosmith, Linkin Park, Slayer as Headliners.
- 21-26 June ’17 Camp & Party at Glastonbury Festival in the UK – the largest greenfield music and performing arts festival in the world. Headliners: Radiohead, Foo Fighters, Ed Sheeran
- If you are in Amsterdam during 24-25 June ’17 – Charge up at the Awakening Festival in Amsterdam’s countryside Spaarnwoude. Headliners: Maceo Plex, Nina Kraviz, Adam Beyer, Chris Liebing
- More than camping and music – the Roskilde festival in Denmark during 24 June – 1st July ’17. Headliners: Arcade Fire, Foo Fighters, Justice, Moderat/Modeselektor
- The hidden gem of music festivals – Hideout at Croactian Zrce beach, 26-30 June’17. Headliners: Major Lazer Soundsystem, Marco Carola, Stormzy, Diplo, Jamie Jones, MK, The Martinez Brothers, Hannah Wants.
- Rock Belgium at Rock Werchter festival, 29 June – 2 July ’17. Some of the performers there: Imagine Dragons, Savages, Radiohead, Linkin Park, System of a Down, Foo Fighters ..
- Start July with discovering the best kept secret of Europe – Earth Garden festival in Malta, 1-4 July, 17. Some of featured artists: Caravan Sun, Terracota, Che Sudaka, Moulettes, Afriquoi.
- Exploring Swiss mountains in July? Don’t miss the spectacular Montreaux Jazz festival during 30 June – 15th July. It’s one of the best jazz festivals in Europe!
- Weekend of 5-9 July’17 forces you to make a choice between superb festivals at wonderful locations: 1) Join the dance titans at the Exit festival. It will take place in a fortress of Serbian town Novi Sad – the best festival venue in the world. Headliners: The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Hardwell, The Jesus & Mary Chain. 2) Enjoy beach party at the Balaton Sounds in Hungary. Headliners: Kygo, Hardwell, Robin Schulz, Blasterjaxx. In 2015 this festival was rated to be #3 best EDM festival in Europe, behind only Tomorrowland and Ultra Europe.
- Do you like Jazz? Come to Rotterdam on 7-9th July ’17 for North Sea Jazz Festival
- 8th July, Amsterdam – Dress white for Sensation The Final – the world’s leading EDM event. Lineup: Mr White, Hardwell, Fedde le Grand, Mc Gee and more.
- Go to Croatian Split to continue EDM fun at Ultra Europe (#2 EDM festival in Europe) during 14-16 July’17 Headliners: David Guetta, Martin Garrix, Axwell ^ Ingroso, Armin van Buuren
- Or go to Rock in Lisbon, Portugal. Red Hot Chili Peppers, Future, Deftones will headline Super Bock Super Rock festival during 13-15 July ’17.
- Edinburg, 15-24 July. Guinnesss, Whiskey and music! TIme for Jazz & Blues festival!:)
- Are you relaxing at Cote d’Azur on 17-21 July? Give a tribute to the 1st jazz festival in the world – Nice Jazz.
- 19-22 July ’17 – good time to be in Czech. Colors of Ostrava is a multi-genre festival and one of the biggest music events in Central Europe. Lineup ’17: Imagine Dragons, Benjamin Clementine, Justice, Birdy, Jamiroquai, Moderat, Norah Jones,
- 20-23 July ’17 – Meet your sweet dreams at the Secret Garden party in the UK. Lineup ’17: Metronomy, Crystal Fighters, Toots & The Maytals .
- Fjords are not the only one excuse to visit Norway in Summer. Rock in Tromso 20-22 July ’17 all days and white nights long at Bukta Tromso Open Air festival. It’s one of the most beautiful sites in the world.
- End of July bursts with superb music & dance events. What a nice challenge – to choose the one:) But if you love EDM, then your choice is obvious – the biggest EDM show on the planet – Tomorrowland. Belgium welcomes you on 21-30 July ’17. Headliners ’17: Armin van Buuren, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Martin Garrix, Alesso
- You’ll probably want to move to Hungary in August:) First, go to psychodelic tribal gathering of Ozora festival in Dadpuszta, which will happen during 31 July – 6th August ’17.
- Take a break between Hungarian parties and try some Romanian fun at Untold festival during 4-7th August ’17. Headliners: Afrojack, Armin van Buuren, Axwell ^ Ingrosso, Hardwell
- Or reveal your celtic roots at Festival Interceltique Lorient in Brittany region in France. Enjoy 10 days and nights of non-stop celtic traditional dance & music, 4-13 August ’17.
- Then during 9-16th July ’17 continue partying at Sziget festival on Danube river island in the heart of Budapest. It’s one of the largest music and cultural festivals of Europe. Headliners: Kasabian, Major Lazer, Wiz Khalifa, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.
- The best way to explore and to enjoy Amsterdam is to walk and boat throught the city canals. During 11-20 August ’17 these tours will be even more beautiful as it will be the Grachten festival time, the time of beautiful classic music on canals.
- End of August again quite a decision to be taken:) EDM fans probaly would prefer the Creamfields festival in the UK – one of the most prestigious dance events on planet. It will happen on 24-27 August ’17. Headliners: deadmau5, Eric Prydz, Tiësto, Martin Garrix
- Another exquisite event end of August, one of the world’s genuine rock elite events – Reading & Leeds festivals in the UK, during 25-27 August ’17. Headliners: Muse, Kasabian, Eminem.
- Mysteryland is a wonderworld for EDM fans. Come to Amsterdam on 26-27 August!
Summer is a wonderful time to be in Austria – the world’s capital of classic music:
- Enjoy open air opera performances at lake during Bregenz festival, 19 July – 20th August.
- Open air opera, music all around all summer long in Vienna
- Summer music festivals in Salzburg – motherland of Mozart..
- Festivak of early music in Innsbruck, 18 July – 27 August
There are plenty of smaller events everywhere for any taste at any day in Summer.
Wherever you go – let the music be with you. Have fun and enjoy!